Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I have a blog??

Yes, I do! What is my world coming to? As usual, I am dragged kicking and screaming into another application of Modern Technology.

It's very strange that in my Professional Life I embrace every new advance, but in my Personal and Private life I continue to resist. Social Networking of all kinds is utterly foreign to me. So Why am I blogging?

It all started with Zentangle ®, an incredible "meditative artform" that I discovered about 11 months ago. (I'll add a post about my Zentangle Journey later.)

More immediately, I must place the blame for this Blog on Laura Harms and her Weekly Challenges. I've been having a lot of fun creating Zentangles for these challenges, but was finding that I wanted to be able to add comments or "explain myself" as I posted these. For example, the Week One Challenge on Dec 20, was called "Simplicity." Now I almost immediately knew where I wanted to go with this, but it was Christmas Week, and I didn't get my tile completed.

So, here's my version of Simplicity:


I used a single tangle pattern: Cadent, and 4 different pens: Sakura Pigma Micron 005,01,05, and 08.

Now I'm off to work on this week's challenge: Starry Eyed Surprise !



2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland - I'm having to jump in and learn it as well - very nice Simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging... i have made some wonderful people through blogging - and now you're one of them!! i love your simplicity tile, and i like how you increased in pen size as the cadents got bigger. Well done, you!

    also, if you ever need any hints or tricks for blogger, let me know, i've been on blogger in various forms for over 7 years!

    ReplyDelete