Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Flux

I haven't done a new tile yet today. But I have completed a "step card" for Flux, as promised. I've also reviewed and worked at several new-to-me or rarely used tangles that I want to work with this week.

I'm selecting my "tangles for the week" from Genevieve Crabe's first Weekly Round-up of December 10, 2012, and from her most recent one.
I really love Genevieve's weekly "digest" of links. She does a lot of work for people like me who want to keep up but have limited time. Thanks, Genevieve! (and I just posted that as a comment on her Blog!)

If someone else has published the steps for Flux somewhere, please share. I did a very cursory search and didn't find anything. I know that every tangler has a slightly different take on this one, and probably a different Way of drawing it.
I tried Very Hard to show the steps as they are drawn in my CZT  "manual," for demo purposes.

When I do this tangle, I usually pencil a "center line" or "stem"  through the section of my string that I plan to fill. I almost always treat these a "leaves" and draw a vein down the middle.
Maybe I should try some other ways of doing it?!







And here is a post I did using Flux as the only tangle on a tile.

I think that counts as my Zentangle for today. Now to do some more research for tomorrow!


Blessed Be and Joyous Tangling!
 maggie



1 comment:

  1. Maggie! I'm so glad you're posting again! I just read through every post from October without taking the time to comment because I was so eager. You have done beautiful work in stepping back into tangling...welcome back! I look forward to reading more as your journey continues.
    Amy in TN
    CZT 4

    ReplyDelete