Sunday, October 7, 2012

Challenging Myself

I'm thinking of setting Myself a Challenge.
The premise is:
      I need to get back to the regular practice of Zentangle
      I need to learn New tangles and step out of My Box
      I want to create a visual Tangle Library that I can share with my students and others who    might be interested.

So my Challenge to Myself is:
     1) To create a tile or other artwork Every Day.
           Here's today's:
Tangles used: 'Nzeppel, Crescent Moon, Cubine,
Flux, W2, Ennies, and some of those "little zingers"
All Official Zentangle tangles
                   
(Do those "little zingers" have an official name?)

2) To learn several new tangles each week. As a Primary Resource I'm going to use Genevieve Crabe's Weekly Tangle Roundups . She's been publishing these regularly since December of 2010, and she pulls together links to new tangle patterns, as well as ZT related articles and products.

3) To draw "Step-out Cards" for every Tangle I use or learn in the course of the week.



I Have already created a printable template for 4 x 6"  (about 10 x 15 cm for my metric friends) cards, which can be stored in photo boxes or displayed in albums. Sorted and rearranged ad lib.

I will, of course, share my art, and links to the tangles I've used.
For today:
     'Nzeppel and "revisited"  hereW2,  CubineCrescent MoonEnnies.
     Suzanne McNeill and Sandy Bartholomew, whose links are included here, are both CZT's, from the First Class (I think)

I am not quickly finding an online source for the steps for Flux. Maybe I'll have to do that one first ;-)


Blessed Be and Joyous Tangling!
maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment