Monday, April 25, 2011

Where the heck have I been?!

LIFE sort of picked me up and slammed me! I've been Completely Overwhelmed the last couple of weeks. Opted out of Laura-the-Diva's  last two Challenges: Mooka because I needed more time to work/play with this tangle, and 15 Minutes of Fame because I couldn't find 15 consecutive minutes that I could actually time.
I held in mind Laura's reminder that this is supposed to be Fun, not Stressful, and I released the Challenges for those two weeks! Good For Me!
I did get a tile done for theEggZZZZellent challenge, but didn't get in scanned and posted!


So here's a basket of Eggs.  And now to try a little Color! Do I use my old reliable watercolor pencils? or my new Tombow markers?





                                                                                                       
Tombow Watercolor Markers!



I still need some practice with both the marker techniques and my scanner!

And the Diva's Challenge # 19  is to use Zentangle's (Maria's) "William Morris" background technique using Sakura's white Gelly Roll pen to create "subtle background images" behind your main tangles.
I've been looking forward to trying this technique "when I have time." So good of Laura to shove me in a direction I wanted to go anyway!

2 comments:

  1. What fun! I hope LIFE will treat you far more gently in future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back! I've missed "seeing" you here. LOL... I bought some Tombow markers, too... just a few but I haven't had time to play with them yet. I actually tangled an egg - a hardboiled one - because I was making egg salad and, well, they were there. Love your egg basket. I am sitting out this week's challenge. Too much writing to do. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete